Monday

My Perfect Day


We were fortunate enough to have Cleo Magazine and Woman's Day NZ cover our magical day. For those who missed last month's issue of Cleo Magazine or The NZ Woman's Day ( for my Kiwi followers ), I thought I would post a little something on my blog, but feature some behind the scenes images even from the fittings. I hope you enjoy my story and the many photos that will take you through the journey. 



May 27th mark's one of the best days of my life, my fairytale moment, my wedding day. It came and went in the blink of an eye and holds so many fabulous yet surreal memories. It was the sort of beautiful day I envisioned and hoped for, after planning this day for the past 12 months. When my husband asked me to marry him, in Hong Kong on the 26th May 2013, I thought all my dreams had come true. Not long after Steven Khalil agreed to design my dress... another surreal moment, thinking things could not get more magical, but as the weeks past many friends in the fashion industry all wanted to be involved and the day became a true fairy tale.

I'm not going to be boring and write my do's and don'ts or list my must have's as each day should be about the bride and groom and those little personal touches are what truly make the journey and day special. Bali held many memories for both of us which is why this tropical yet rough oasis was picked at the destination. Clear blue skies, plunging cliff tops and swirling seas made the perfect back drop.   Small details that remained personal to us and our loved ones where sprinkled around the reception. Even though we had a wedding planner, we really wanted to still be hands on and create those intimate touches for our big day. 

The ceremony was left simple, and only a small  arch covered in wild flowers framed the picture perfect backdrop of the Uluwatu coastline. The day was one out of the book with clear blue skies and a gentle ocean breeze. Guests mingled amongst the infinity pools and cliff cabanas, whilst sipping local cocktails and enjoying hand picked canapés. The reception was nestled on the hill, surround by manicured gardens. The bar sat pretty on the cliff offering guests a 360 view of the stunning Villa Ambar that was lit up with hanging lanterns. 

I always knew that having worn so many beautiful gowns due to my job, picking that one dress for that big moment would  be a hard decision, but after only an hour with the talented Steven Khalil I knew that together we would create my ideal dress and he certainly did! From our first meeting to my final fitting, I knew this, my ceremony dream dress was being made. For the reception I chose my favourite Sydney fashion duo Watson X Watson to design a dress that embodied a sexy, relaxed and chic vibe. This duo never fails and my jaw dropped on first sight 

Navy blue was the colour chosen for the bridesmaids dresses and the design was brought to life by Constantine and Louise. I tried to stay true to my fashion roots and wanted to have something unique, so with the help of jewellery designer House of Emmanuele, the jewelled headpieces and handcuffs were designed to complete their looks.

I can honestly say that the 2 favourite moments from my wedding were walking down the aisle with my father on my arm and locking eyes with my future husband. In that moment you get a feeling that is beyond words. My second favourite,  scanning the room and seeing all your friends and family with large smiles on their faces, everyone enjoying themselves... You may say the whole experience is somewhat of a dream.















My words of advice: 
Don't sweat the small stuff! For some reason those tiny details become totally irrelevant on the day. 
Create many personal moments throughout your day.
 Ours included : White letters spelling out our names at the reception, A photo booth with our logo printed on it, A framed photo of our dogs, embroidered handkerchiefs for parents, personalised robes fore bridesmaids.

Enjoy every moment and try to take everything in around you.

Share that quite moment with just the two of you on the night
(ours was by the love sign)

Choose 4 elements that are important to you both and focus on them for the big day. 
(ours food and beverage, fun, location and music )


Photographer: Scott Ehler www.scottehler.com

The Detail
Venue: Semara Luxury Villas, Uluwatu, Bali
 (Ceremony was held in villa Pawnana and reception in villa Ambar)

Wedding Planner: Global Weddings

Hair and Make up: Racheal Brook from DLM and Michael Brown - michaelbrownbeauty.com.au

Dress and Veil: Steven Khalil
Reception Dress: Watson X Watson
Earrings : House Emmanuele

Bridesmaids Dresses: Constantine and Louise
Shoes: ZU Shoes 
Headpieces / hand pieces: House of Emmanuele

Groom and Groomsmen suits: Hallensteins 
Groom and Groomsmen Shoes: Urge Shoes


Wedding Singer - Jeremy Redmore 


3 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had chicken skewers, potato ravioli, and a brucetta in appetizers, followed by mushroom stuffed raviolis. Don't know if that's cause of the wedding or just how they do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - absolutely stunning. I'm obsessed with both if your dresses, Nikki. I hope you don't mind me asking but where were your bridesmaids' robes from? x

    ReplyDelete